Three young brothers were hospitalized after getting a black widow spider to bite them – thinking it would turn them into Spider man.
Three young brothers made a black widow bite them in the hope that it will help them gain Spider-man’s superpower.
Encountering a black widow spider would cause most of us to change our path and run as fast as Forrest Gump in the opposite direction — but three young Bolivian brothers intentionally let the spider bit them to become Spider-man.
But unfortunately for the brothers – eight, 10- and 12 years old siblings, the only real-world result was a visit to several hospitals.
According to Penn Live, the incident was made public by the Ministry of Health official Virgilio Pietro at a May 16 briefing on the regional coronavirus situation.
“Thinking it would give them superhero powers, they prodded it with a stick until it bit each of them in turn,” Pietro explained. He also added that children had come across the spider while herding goats in Chayanta Province and thought it looked like the spider featured in a Marvel movie.
Fortunately for the boys’ their mother found them crying just in time to save their lives by rushing them to a local health center, which transferred them to a nearby hospital.
According to the report, the wannabe superheroes were again transferred the following day to the Children’s hospital in La Paz, with fevers, tremors and muscle pains.
According to the New York Post, the report also mentioned the boys were successfully treated there and were discharged on Wednesday, May 20, almost after a week after they were bitten by Black Widow.
Black widows are one of the most feared spiders in the world and have venom 15 times stronger than the rattlesnake. (National Geographic: Source)
Black Widows only bites in self-defense and their bites are not usually fatal, children are among those most at risk, along with the elderly.
In general, if you get bit by a black widow spider, you don’t need to panic. No one in the United States has died from a black widow spider bite in over ten years. You should wash the wound with soap and water to help prevent infection and go visit a doctor.
Man in Lockdown sends his Pet Chihuahua to Store to Get A Bag of Cheetos