Alexandria Vera, a 24-year-old school teacher from Houston, Texas claimed that she and the eighth-grader are in love. Vera admitted to having a nine-month affair culminating in an aborted pregnancy with her 13-year-old student.
Alexandria Vera was an English teacher at Aldine ISD’s Stovall Middle School, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison. Vera resigned from her teaching position with Aldine Independent School District in Houston, Texan, soon after she was arrested.
The love story of the couple began when they first met on Instagram, what more bizarre than their relationship is that the boy’s parent knew about it and approved their relationship, the boy introduced Vera to his parents as his girlfriend.
The story began with Instagram and the blessing of the boy’s parents — The complete timeline of their love story looks something like this.
- It all began in the Summer of 2015 when the boy was assigned to Vera’s summer school class. The boy began flirting with her and asked for her Instagram username, but Vera refused to share the information with him.
- Late summer 2015: Vera is informed that the boy has been assigned to her class for the upcoming school year and once the school began their flirtation continues.
- September 2015: After noticing that the boy missed the class, Vera sends him a message via Instagram to check on him. The boy replies by asking for her phone number and attempting to arrange a meeting. She agrees to the meeting, they drive around and then kiss. The next day, they have sex for the first time.
- At the school’s open house Vera meets the boy’s parents for the first time on October 8, 2015, A few days later she goes to dinner at the boy’s house and is introduced as his girlfriend.
- Early Winter 2015-2016: The boy’s parents accept the relationship and Vera is invited to several family gatherings. Their relationship hits another level and they start to have daily sexual encounters and Vera comes to believe that she and the boy are in love.
- Jan 2016: The daily sexual encounter resulted in the boy impregnating Vera, the boy’s family accepted the news and were excited about the baby.
- Feb 2016: A month later Child Protective Services shows up at school and question Vera about the boy, she denies the relationship. The suspicion spooks her to abort the baby. Vera then called the school district’s police department, answering many messages related to her relationship with the boy.
After the allegations of the relationship become public, Vera was removed from the school and placed on administrative leave.
Alexandria Vera Is Sentenced To Prison
Alexandria Vera was sentenced to 10 years in prison for having a long-term sexual relationship with a 13-year-old student who impregnated her. The state District Jude Michael McSpadden said the sentence was intended to send a message and make an example of her because he’s aware of many similar cases.
“We want our educators to teach our students, We want them to keep their hands off the students,” the judge said.
Vera was initially charged with continuous sexual abuse of a child, which carries a maximum life prison sentence, but she pleaded guilty of a lesser assault charge. Vera will be eligible for parole in five years.
Vera isn’t the only one from Stoveall Middle School
However, Vera isn’t the first teacher from Stovall Middle School to be accused of impropriety with a student. Felicia A. Smith was charged with an improper relationship with a student after she gives him a lap dance. 15-year-old was given a lap dance by Felicia because it was his birthday.
The boy said the whole class encouraged him to sit at the front of the room, where Smith allegedly performed a full-contact lap dance to music which lasted for four minutes.
The boy described the whole incident to Aldine ISD police that touching occurred between the two. Felicia ended the dance by hugging Smith and telling him, “I love you baby, happy birthday.”