Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world, located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The building stands at a height of 828 meters (2,722 feet) and has a total of 163 floors.
The Burj Khalifa was constructed by South Korean company Samsung C&T and was designed by the American architecture firm Skidmore, Owings & Merrill. The construction of the building began in 2004 and was completed in 2010. The building’s design was inspired by the monolithic structures and Islamic architecture of the region, and its shape was influenced by the desert flower Hymenocallis.
Who owns Burj Khalifa?
The Burj Khalifa is owned by the government of Dubai. It was originally named Burj Dubai but was later renamed in honor of the president of the United Arab Emirates, Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
The Burj Khalifa is not only a symbol of Dubai’s ambition and prosperity, but also a hub of residential, commercial, and tourist activities. The building has a mix of residential and office space, as well as a hotel, the Armani Hotel Dubai, located on floors 7 to 16. The building also features observation decks on the 124th and 148th floors, offering breathtaking views of the city.
The construction of the Burj Khalifa was part of a larger effort by the government of Dubai to diversify its economy and reduce its dependence on oil and gas. By creating a world-class development with high-end amenities, the government hoped to attract more foreign investment and visitors to the city, and to position Dubai as a global center of business, tourism, and culture.
In addition to its residential and commercial spaces, the Burj Khalifa is also a popular tourist destination. The observation decks attract thousands of visitors each year, who come to admire the views and learn more about the building’s history and design. The building also features a number of restaurants, cafes, and retail spaces, making it a hub of activity for residents and visitors alike.
What makes Burj Khalifa special
The Burj Khalifa is special for several reasons:
- The tallest building in the world: At 828 meters (2,722 feet), the Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world and a symbol of Dubai’s ambition and prosperity.
- Iconic design: The building’s design was inspired by the monolithic structures and Islamic architecture of the region, and its shape was influenced by the desert flower Hymenocallis.
- Mixed-use development: The Burj Khalifa is a mixed-use development that includes residential and office space, as well as a hotel, restaurants, cafes, and retail spaces, making it a hub of activity for the city.
- Observation decks: The building features observation decks on the 124th and 148th floors, offering breathtaking views of Dubai and the surrounding desert.
- High-speed elevators: The elevators in the Burj Khalifa are some of the fastest in the world, taking visitors to the top in less than a minute.
- Sustainability features: The building was designed with sustainability in mind and features state-of-the-art systems for energy efficiency and water conservation.
- Landmark attraction: The Burj Khalifa is a major tourist attraction, attracting thousands of visitors each year who come to admire its beauty and learn more about its history and design.
These factors combined make the Burj Khalifa a unique and special building, both in Dubai and in the world.
Places to visit inside Burj Khalifa
- At the Top, Burj Khalifa Observation Deck Experience breathtaking views of Dubai from the world’s highest observation deck. The Burj Khalifa Observation Deck is located on the 124th and 125th floors of the tower, providing a 360-degree panoramic view of the city.
- Dubai Fountain Show: The Dubai Fountain Show is a stunning water, light, and music show that takes place at the base of the Burj Khalifa. The show features over 6,000 lights, 25 color projectors, and 22,000 gallons of water that dance to classical, Arabic, and world music.
- Armani Hotel Dubai: The Armani Hotel Dubai is an iconic hotel located within the Burj Khalifa tower. The hotel features a luxurious spa, several dining options, and rooms and suites designed by Giorgio Armani himself.
- At.mosphere Lounge: At.mosphere Lounge is the world’s highest lounge, located on the 122nd floor of the Burj Khalifa. The lounge features stunning views of the city and serves a menu of gourmet cuisine, cocktails, and fine wines.
- Dubai Mall: The Dubai Mall is located at the base of the Burj Khalifa and is one of the largest shopping centers in the world. The mall features over 1,200 retail stores, an indoor theme park, an Olympic-sized ice rink, and a variety of dining options.
With its breathtaking views, luxurious amenities, and world-class entertainment, the Burj Khalifa is a must-visit destination for anyone visiting Dubai. Whether you want to admire the views from the Observation Deck, enjoy a romantic dinner at the Atmosphere Lounge, or go shopping at the Dubai Mall, the Burj Khalifa has something for everyone.
Note: It is always best to check the building’s official website for the most up-to-date information on visiting hours, ticket prices, and security measures.
The second tallest building in Dubai is the Princess Tower, which stands at a height of 414 meters (1,358 feet). It was completed in 2012 and has 107 floors, making it the tallest residential building in the world.
Tom Cruise Burj Khalifa Stunt
Tom Cruise performed a stunt on the exterior of the Burj Khalifa for the film “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.” The stunt involved Cruise hanging off the side of the building while wearing a safety harness and was filmed in November 2010. Despite the technical challenges involved, the stunt was widely praised for its realism and was one of the standout moments in the film.
In conclusion, the Burj Khalifa is a marvel of modern engineering and architecture. Its iconic design and towering height have made it a symbol of Dubai’s ambition and prosperity, and its mix of residential, commercial, and tourist spaces make it a hub of activity for the city. The building is owned by the government of Dubai and attracts thousands of visitors each year, who come to admire its beauty and learn more about its history and design.
Now that you’ve read about Burj Khalifa, read about the top 10 expensive houses in the world.