Tina Gail Linn Clouse and Harold Dean Clouse Jr.’s loved ones have been wondering for decades what happened to their baby; she has been found alive and well, officials said.

Loved ones of Tina Gail Linn Clouse and Harold Dean Clouse Jr. have been wondering for decades what happened to their baby; she has been found alive and well, officials said.

The identities of two bodies discovered in a wooded area of Houston in 1981 were unknown until last year, when genetic research revealed that they were Tina Gail Linn Clouse and Harold Dean Clouse Jr., according to Texas prosecutors.

Officials said the couple’s young daughter was not found near her parents’ remains.

“The Linn and Clouse families have been looking for answers about the Clouses and their daughter, Holly, since they were last heard from in 1980,” the Texas Attorney General’s Office said in a statement.

“Baby Holly has been found alive and well, and she is now 42 years old.” Holly has been informed of her biological parents’ identities and has been in contact with her extended biological family; they hope to meet in person soon.”

According to Texas prosecutors, Holly was eventually dropped off at an Arizona church by two barefoot women in white robes who claimed to be members of a “nomadic religious group” that ate only vegetables and avoided leather products, according to First Assistant Attorney General Brent Webster.

“The women indicated they had given up a baby before, at a laundromat,” Webster said, declining to identify the religious group, which he said had been seen in Arizona, California, and “possibly Texas.”

“The Holly family is not a suspect in this case,” Webster added.

Webster said the couple’s family received a phone call in late December or early January 1981 from a woman calling herself “Sister Susan,” claiming the couple had joined her religious group and wanted to cut off all family ties.

“They wanted to give Tina and Dean’s car back to their family,” Webster explained. “They were also giving up everything they owned. Sister Susan requested money in exchange for returning the car to the family’s home in Florida.”

The couple’s family, along with police, met the mysterious woman at Daytona International Speedway, according to Webster.

“The family described meeting two to three women and possibly one male, and these women were once again dressed in robes and appeared to be members of this religious group,” Webster said.

“The women were reportedly detained by police, but no record of a police report has been discovered as of yet. Given the age of the case, this is not unusual. We’re still looking for that police report, “According to Webster.

A spokesman for the Daytona Beach Police Department, which would be in charge of the racetrack, said late Thursday afternoon that his department had not been in contact with Texas investigators about the matter.

The couple’s car was the red 1978 AMC Concord that was returned to the family, and Texas authorities believe they were murdered in December 1980 or early January 1981.

Webster said the couple, whose bodies were discovered off Wallisville Road in Harris County, last spoke to their families in late October 1980, when they lived in Lewisville, Texas, north of Dallas.

The murder case remains unsolved, and prosecutors have stated that they are hoping that public awareness of the case will lead to new leads.

In a statement released by prosecutors, Holly’s grandmother Donna Casasanta said, “Thank you to all of the investigators for working so hard to find Holly.”

“I prayed for them every day, that they would find Holly and that she would be okay.”